Teena Gates has earned a reputation as an ‘adventurist’ after losing more than half her own bodyweight on a journey from morbid obesity to Everest Base Camp. In her book One Foot In Front Of The Other she candidly explores the mental battle that ensues in both losing weight and ‘getting off the couch’ for the first time at 23 stone.
Today Teena continues to push her own personal boundaries as well as motivating some of the largest corporate teams in the country with her inspiring presentations.
The veteran broadcaster continues to climb mountains and travel on new adventures around the world. She has kayaked white-water rapids on the Nile in Uganda, swum without a wet-suit in the icy Barents Sea between Norway and Russia; and camped on a frozen lake while hunting the Northern Lights by Husky Dog Sleigh.
Teena is encouraging a whole new generation to ‘walk their way back to fitness’ with her #GetActive campaign. She acknowledges that not everyone wants to climb a mountain; but she truly believes that we all have our mountains to climb, both in our personal and professional lives. How we prepare, plan and believe, is a measure of how we succeed.
- Best Selling Author: ‘One Foot in Front of the Other’
- Columnist – Outsider Magazine
- Holder of two PPI Radio News Awards
- Regular contributor to TV3’s Midday Panel
- Presenter of Setanta Television’s ‘Get Off The Couch’
- Former Head of News at 98FM Radio, Dublin,
- Former News Anchor at 2FM Radio, RTE
- Trainer at FAS, BCFE & Learning Waves
- Adventure Ambassador for: The Great Outdoors, HH Killarney Adventure Race, Travel Department
- Fundraising ambassador for: The Hope Foundation, Concern Ireland, LauraLynn Childrens’ Hospice
- Motivational Speaker